1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Only-Doll Discussion Part 1

Aug 25, 2011

1. Wah, that's so many dolls [MENTION=42740]PeppermintPocky[/MENTION]! Having such a big group must be lovely.

Are there any matches to Only-Doll's normal pink resin in your crew? I'd like to get jointed hands for all my dolls, if possible. Especially for my KDF Basil someday. (I know Luts offers different hands, but I'd really like jointed ones.)

2. Thanks, @Ceri-Ethereal. And yes, I'm blessed to have so many dolls. Luckily I tend to fall for those made by obscure/"cheaper" companies (although $200 is *still* hard for me to come by atm) so that helps. :XD:

I'll double check the XuanYan I'm working on; she's a few years old and I think she mellowed while she was with her first owner so any comparisons I may find for you may not be 100% accurate. Off the top of my head I'm sure she doesn't match my Mystic Kids NS-P girl BUT she may be close to my Dikadoll NS-P, Doll Love NS-P, or Angel Fantasy's old NS-P. :thumbup

3. @Ceri-Ethereal I compared the XuanYan's headcap to my dolls and it's a very close match to my 2013 Doll Love NS-P and 2013 Dikadoll NS-P. Neither my Doll Love boy or Dikadoll girl is yellowed at all. I hope this helps you!

4. Thank you so much, [MENTION=42740]PeppermintPocky[/MENTION]! I'll be sure to keep that in mind for when my girl needs some proper hands.

How interesting. I read somewhere that Dikadoll's pink resin (for their jointed hands) matched well with Mystic Kids. Yet, Mystic Kids doesn't match well with Only-Doll. Could your Dikadoll have been a different batch color?

5. That's possible, @Ceri-Ethereal; my Dikadoll and Mystic Kids are two years apart (one is from 2013 and the other is from 2015) so that may explain the difference. Mystic Kids wouldn't be a *bad* match by any means, but the MK girl I have is a shade pinker.

Also, this XuanYan was made in 2012 and she's mellowed a bit; a new Only-Doll in NS-P may match Mystic Kids perfectly.

Would you like me to take a photo of the headcaps together? I'd be happy to if that would help.

---

ETA: My Tingyun was in a group shot I took the other day so I figured I share the photo here:

[​IMG]

Ice Cream Social by Mint, on Flickr​

6. Wow! What a lovely photo! Your dolls are beautiful. [MENTION=42740]PeppermintPocky[/MENTION]

Both my Only-Doll and Mystic Kids arrived in March this year. The two of them are normal pink, yet Only-Doll's has a far more yellow color. (I really hope I wasn't given normal yellow on accident.) They're nowhere near a match. Hmm. Perhaps she'll get pinker with age? (I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible.)

That would be so kind of you if you could, so sorry for being a bother.

7. Thanks, @Ceri-Ethereal. I was pretty happy with how that photo turned out.

Hmm. Maybe Only-Doll NS-P is just naturally more yellow? I know my Angel Fantasy NS-P gal has more yellow than other NS-P tones (interestingly enough Angel Fantasy has since changed their NS-P to make it "more pink").

And you're not a bother at all so please don't apologize. :)

ETA: NS-P Comparison photos. Please click on them to see what brand is what.

This one has Only-Doll in the middle so you can easily compare it to other resins:

[​IMG]

and this is just a side-by-side:

[​IMG]

8. It's awfully expressive. Love the outfits, too!

Perhaps it is. I'd like to think so.

Thank you again [MENTION=42740]PeppermintPocky[/MENTION]!

9. Wow, so much talent [MENTION=42740]PeppermintPocky[/MENTION]! I'm sure you'll only get better and better, as that faceup is gorgeous already!

10. Just noticed you added those resin comparisons too, thank you so much! [MENTION=42740]PeppermintPocky[/MENTION]

From what I can tell, that Dika Doll resin is the best match, right? I had no idea. They really do seem similar.

11. Thanks, @Ceri-Ethereal! I'm determined to make her beautiful. Just need to practice my lineart. :thumbup

And yes, Dikadoll NS-P is a very close match and so is Doll-Love NS-P. :)

12. I can tell you that I own two different Dikadolls one from 2014 and the other 2015. They aren't to different, but they match Dollzone pretty well.

*was wondering through some forums*

13. The weather's great in my area so I've been painting XuanYan a lot lately. Her outfit is 95% complete, I bought her a HUGE wig and found a pair of eyes, to boot. Can't wait to share her look with you soon. :daisy

If anyone is interested in seeing the face-up I'm sticking with, you can view it here.

14. Finished the Xuanyan I've been working on for the past few months. Sent her to my friend as an early Christmas gift and he absolutely loves her! (I was nervous---never made a BJD for someone else before!)

Anyway, I took a few photos of her before I shipped her to her new home. Thought I'd share them here to help others considering the sculpt.

Here's Heather in all her late '80s glory:

[​IMG]

Character Portrait: Heather by Mint, on Flickr

Will post more pictures soon. :daisy

15. anyone know whether tiny body version 1 or 2 is better? any comparison photos? also which is better for clothing?
      thank you

16. Hi @naftie! :daisy

If you have questions about the 26cm range, I recommend you ask owners in the Tiny OD thread here. This is the Mini OD thread.

I only have had OD dolls in the mini 1/4 scale, so I can't help compare the tiny bodies. Sorry. :(

17. oh shoot, sorry i'm getting so confused on this site!! Thank you so much for the link(:

18. No problem-o! Happy to help. :thumbup

19. Been awhile since anyone posted here so I guess I'll go ahead and spam my Only-Doll Tingyun:

[​IMG]

No changes since I bought him in 2011 but I still love him to bits. Wish I'd see more of his sculpt around.