1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. Aaaarghhhh I finally ordered my Sammi/Hawa and that was so frickin stressful!! The "payment" button didn't load the first time I tried to checkout... But at least it's done now

2. Can anyone direct me to the Petit Gem thread, if there is one? I tried searching, and this thread was the only discussion thread that came up that contained a mention of Petit Gems. I love Rudy the little reindeer and was wondering what others thought of him and Petit Gems in general. Is it the case that Soom hasn't had too many -- only 3 to date?

3. I think this is it: Soom Ondiin Discussion

Also: http://dollsoom.com/eng/shop/list.php?ca_id=10104010 It looks like there are 3 of them.

4. Hi, I was looking for a petit gem thread too because I absolutely love Rudy, but I didn't see one so I decided to make one! :3nodding: Soom Petit Gem Discussion - Part 1

5. [​IMG]
      Hello! Long time lurker. I've been waiting until my Feny was finished to start throwing him around in here but it's been like 2 years and he's changed a lot rofl. He doesn't use Feny paws anymore after this long but Han & Asronn paws. I'm happy with the blushing job I did on them but he's been wigless for a long time.

I have a question! I'm cursed when it comes to finding decent YoSD wigs, they always have bangs just as long as the backs that completely cover their faces. Cutting them shorter just makes them look like trash because I suck at that.

SO. What size and company of wigs do you guys recommend for teenie gems that don't cover their entire face with really long fibers despite the wig cap fitting fine?

#305 Nattou, Dec 29, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    6. Check out Crobi Doll. They have a lot of shorted banged wig for both boys and girls as well as some center parted ones. They might eat the eyebrows, but not the whole face and the quality is great. I like my girls wig so much I bought a second in case anything ever happened to it as it was just so perfect for her.
      Also, I am not a fan of fur wigs normally, but they really seam to work on my Teenie Gems (since most of them are all fluffy animal hybrids).

[​IMG]

7. Happy new year!

[​IMG]

8. Everyone's dolls are super cute!! I just got my first Teenie gem, a Feny, earlier this year and I have to say he's already my fave! Here he is!~[​IMG]

#308 AnnoDomini, Jan 1, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    9. Hello all! I took some photos of my three little divine cousins (Laurel, Wren, & my new girl Aria) on Christmas Eve. I only just now posted the gallery thread because I have been recovering from elbow surgery on the 27th. So here's a teaser of my girls and a link to the thread:

[​IMG]
      Cousins on Christmas

10. @Kelaria Aww what cuties! I see you have the little Teenie Serin home, so cute! Those are my kind of names!~♡

11. Yup! :) Aria came home in early December. I adore her already and she doesn't even have a face! ^_^ Hopefully that will happen soonish.

12. Hi all! Today (January 10th) is Tytus' birthday! Two years ago today he arrived home! ^_^ My first little boy and I totally adore him!!

Here is a link to his birthday photos:

[​IMG]
      Happy Birthday, Tytus!

ETA: Woops! It's actually been two years! Hard to believe I've had him that long!! :)

#312 Kelaria, Jan 11, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    13. @Kelaria Happy Birthday Tytus! Aww a Skoll! He's so cute! I love that grey resin. I hope to get one one day too!~

14. Thanks! :) Hati/Skoll was one of my grail dolls for a long time and when I saw him in gray, I was Soomed hardcore!! :) He threw me for a loop because I always thought my Hati/Skoll would be a little girl (I may still get another someday in NS to be the girl I wanted), but Tytus just spoke to me as a boy. <3

15. Hi I'm curious who else is waiting on in FCE doll and when do you think they will start shipping? I ordered a WS Feny head with the bunny body. I'm planning to make a sylveon gijinka out of her.

16. Hi!
      That's my girl. Her name is Lucky.
      [​IMG]

17. I am beyond devastated.. I'm not sure when or how.. but I know it wasn't by my own doing.. but my Picro's right ear fin broke a tip..
      My roommate swears up and down that he never touched her or moved her.. and she never fell while he was here, but something happened to cause this.
      Her magnets are pretty strong and she had to have fallen onto her fin or fallen off of the shelf she sits on..
      I can't even find the little tip piece since I have no idea when it happened and the floor has been vacuumed a few times over since the last time I checked all my dolls. (and since they haven't been shifted much or tipped over I just leave them alone unless I wanna pose them)

I cried for a few hours when I discovered her fin.. (I was putting up my new Mylo I just got when I noticed her.)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I have calmed down a bit since it happened and I tried asking Soom if they could cast an extra ear fin in blue with my FCE Elamander order, but they said no.
      I put up a WTB thread hoping someone maybe has the fin they're willing to part with, but I know its highly unlikely since people try to get these fins so often.

My Picro and Sammi are my favorite girls.. so this crushed me so hard.

The weird thing is.. I remember walking by my dolls one day and noticing her ear fin was sitting next to her instead of on her head.. and without thinking I just popped it back onto her head and kept going on with my day. I can't even remember how long ago that was.. (I've been so busy the past few months with my mom passing away along with full-time school and work..)

18. @Shiyaria, I am so sorry to hear about your dolly mishap. :( And especially about your mom passing away. My heart breaks for you... my husband and I lost his mom back in late April and it still hurts every day (I was closer to her than I am to any of my own blood family). I hope you are able to find a new fin for your little one. <3

19. @Kelaria Thank you very much. Its possible my Picro breaking is hitting me so hard because of the already fragile state I've been in, but I'm still very distressed about it. I appreciate you sympathy and kind words very much. I'm also sorry to her about your Mother-in-law. There is no true length of time that grieving will end.

20. I definitely think that's very likely. Grief tends to come in waves and can seem to pop up unexpectedly over the most seemingly-mundane of things (and a broken doll part is far from mundane, so it's totally understandable). I know that I have been extra sensitive sometimes and that I can start crying at the drop of a hat, especially if I start thinking about her... Even my dolls can be a trigger, because she loved them so much. I think about how much she would have loved my latest addition (my light violet Rico Jr) and it makes me so sad that she'll never get to meet her.

Grief definitely is never-ending. You just learn to cope and live with it over time.

I sincerely hope that you can find ways to cope and things to bring you comfort after your loss. One day at a time... <3