1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Zenith Discussion ~ Part II

Nov 12, 2014

1. @Lady Tiku - I think that is an excellent idea. I thought Souldoll should have a different name for this size. it's not Zenith at all. talking about clothes, shoes, etc with two completely incompatible sizes could get confusing.
      maybe there will even be female Tera Z's someday?

I'd lurk in a Tera Z thread. they're so handsome.

2. I dunno. I have to admit this thread has been a slow grower. Maybe adding in the new Terra Zenith will give it more life? (and remind me to take more photos of my regular zenith?) lol

3. you need reminding to take pics of 'dolls' period LOL

4. The new line has a category of its own on Souldoll's website, so it should probably get a thread of its own. But my linguist self wants to draw attention to the name of the line, it's Tera and not Terra. Terra is Latin for "earth" while the word Tera comes from the Greek word "terastios" which means "huge, enormous". So Souldoll literally meant to call the new line bigger Zeniths. Sorry for the nitpicking, but it bugged me a bit since meaning changes with the addition of the extra r. xD;; /occupational disease

Back on topic, I visited Souldoll's site yesterday and spotted a "Extra head on sale" ad on the right. I wonder how long this sale has been going on, some of the heads are already sold out but a few are still available. I suppose they're extra stock they had from casting dolls... but luckily they didn't have any of the heads that I'd be interested in purchasing, I would have been really bummed to have missed out on those. I wish Souldoll sold all heads separately at all times. Now that you can't purchase a doll with the old body anymore, I'm reluctant to buy a full doll because I don't care for the new type body... but I really love some of their head sculpts. :( *sigh*

5. I do think they should have their own thread. I'm personally not interested in this size. Except maybe when they make females but I'd be happy to talk about them in another thread altogether. I don't feel that the Teras belong here due to their size and the fact that they are a completely different line.

6. If it's me with the tera/terra... two things at work here... one... vision issues... doubling and tripling letters and not seeing them can be a problem sometimes. The other is .... well ... what can I say... lack of paying attention? XD... That being said.... I did not realize the 'bigger' tera ... sort of took it in with 'earth' being big... don't try to follow my logic.. not even I can LOL....

7. Yeah, putting two of my cats to sleep earlier this year really devastated me. I've been trying to get back into taking doll photos again, but it's now cold/nasty/windy/dark/wet = winter. Bleah. :(

8. okay I understand the cats issue so well it's not even funny... both my big black boys about 6 months apart and one was emergency... but you have your 'resin' 'Ghost'... time to maybe honor some kitties in resin? (figuratively)... and seriously if it wasn't for taking indoor crap light pics I wouldn't hardly have any. -_- a lot are even taken in the wee hours after Dad goes to bed O_o... you need some doll therapy ^^

9. srsly. Major dolly therapy. heh heh Okay, but you can't say I didn't warn you! Winter ickky photos coming up! ~_^
      I actually have a little resin "Goku" too. Just finished getting him all together, as his eyes finally arrived. Little blue froggie. ^_^

10. Yay for dolly therapy... btw saw the double devitry XD damn cute lol

11. They are just adorable. ^_^ Only the one is mine though. The other is home now.
      I can't decide how to paint him! He's too much fun already.

Okay, since you kicked me in the butt, and the sun is trying to come out and stay out...
      New photo of Vyktor! Sporting a Volks SD17 shirt and vest. And the Onulharu pants from SoulDoll.
      MAN, those things are more threads on the front than jeans! Once I finally got them ON him, they were staying ON.
      Possibly forever!
      Ugh.

[​IMG]Vyktor - SoulDoll Tarot Arno by aernath, on Flickr

12. I'm so sorry to hear that. :(
      My mother had to put one of my childhood cats (age 18) to sleep last year and I still miss him. He was the sweetest.

13. Thanks! They definitely become family. It really broke my heart both times and pretty much ruined my year. :-P
      The last time I had to do that, it took me three years to finally be able to think about him and not cry. I'm such a sucker for the fluffs.

14. I can totally relate. I've had cats since I was a little kid and they're like family. My current cats (who are pretty young and healthy, thank goodness) better live to be at least 18.

[​IMG]

15. Awwwww! Pretty kitty! Lovely colors! (Oh, and doll dress! ;))

16. @aernath ... lmao about the pants LOL... oh I know the ... I got it on... and it stays on forever feeling lol and yes it was souldoll stuff too! Do you think a zenith can wear the SD17 from doll heat? thinking this... since they don't have the 70cm size anymore. It's the shirt i need most.

@s1257 ... wow purty and 18 is amazing... mine never got past 16 but 1 had kidney issues and the other 2 were insulin dependent. and I'm with A... god I love that dress O_o There's just so much of it LOL.

17. @Lady Tiku - No. Absolutely not. You should buy that and send it to me. To verify. And keep. ;)
      I would think so. Not perfectly, as there IS a 2cm difference in height. And they're kind of built differently. So expect some less than perfect fitting, but for me, I would say "close enough!" At least in the shirt and jacket. Pants... dunno. I can't remember the last time I tried.
      I miss some of those old, really good outfits SoulDoll had. It's those jackets. They are so nice. And then the shirts and pants are so cheap. lol They put all the effort into the jackets and it showed. At least in those old outfits. Some of the newer ones are really nice all the way through.

18. lol greedy girl! and ya I have the outfit already in 70 cm... i tore the sleeve cuff... the fabric was like cheese cloth O_O breath on it and it rips... I see if we have a local who is good with hand stitch work ... it would be hidden I think anyhow under the coat... do you think an nYID set would fit a zenith? This one? It should be arriving soon LOL If there is no chance then it will just go unopened into the "for when I get the doll" drawer ... yes I have one. XD

19. @Lady Tiku Not sure about the guys, but my zenith girl has a nYID dress that fits quite well.