1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ai : Custom House Boys and Girls - Part 2

Jun 18, 2021

1. More Choa is good Choa, so I've heard.

[​IMG]

Someone asked over in General Discussion which defunct doll company you'd resurrect and I didn't even have to think for a second. But at the same time, now we have Heavybomb sculpting her own gorgeous dolls instead of painting Unique Ai so I can't complain.

-------- Mods notes --------

DoA Wiki: https://denofangels.com/doawiki/index.php?title=Custom_House

Previous discussion thread:
      * Part 1

#1 St. James, Jun 18, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2021
    2. Yes! More Choa is good Choa! She's stunning! And those shoes! Love!

3. Choa is a great way to start a new page!

4. It took SEVENTEEN years for us to hit 1000 posts in the old thread. :aeyepop:
      Not sure if vampy Audrey is the best representative of the general Custom House vibe, but I only have the one CH doll to share. :XD:

5. Lovely to see Audrey looking so alluring! Fabulous shoes!

Here's a new photo of an old doll! Alicia, the Pink Candy Soye from 2005. Seen here with her original wig and eyes, but without her Pink Candy lolita dress.
      [​IMG][

6. Well, it's true that vampy Audrey is not true to the original CH style! I guess we'll have to post more classic AI dolls! So here is my Unique King of Siam
      [​IMG]

7. He has aged beautifully @nancy_schroeder_ca. He is a tan if I remember correctly.
      @pianissimo, Alicia is still gorgeous after all these years. CH resin really doesn't change much in color over time,

8. @nancy_schroeder_ca How wonderful to see him again...makes me wonder what happened to all the CH Uniques...I had a Unique Soye back in the day, and managed to snag a Tan Choa in one of the early Sunday morning clickwars. I can't remember the name but she came with a manga book in Korean.

Found a pic from 2006 though... I wonder where she is now..?
      [​IMG]

9. @Alice80 She is beautiful! CH made some awesome outfits!

10. It’s great to see the old uniques. The original tan dolls had the most buttery smooth resin. I’ve still got my orange tan Ainomori Jun and tan Runaway Bride Cebee. They’re definitely the jewels of my collection.

11. riversoblood Yes, the old Uniques. oh the runaway bride, she was amazing. The early tans were a fabulous colour. Can't remember the Ainomori Jun offhand, all the old photos have disappeared. The only tan I have is Hook, my other CH dolls are normal skintone, and the early dolls have yellowed but evenly. The version 2 dolls seem to have held their colour okay.

12. Thank you. :) Ohhhh, you have Hook? He is AMAZING!! How I wish they had made more of him. My Jun is one of 5 made called the Ainomori Jun 2nd. I don’t have any photos right this second but I see Cynthia in Flinthills posted a picture of one in this post. He’s the handsome tan lad on the right:
      https://denofangels.com/posts/1942856/

13. [​IMG]

Hello everyone! Here is my new (to me) girl. I am not sure if she is a Cebee, is anyone able to identify her for me please? Thank you. :chibi

14. @FranC She looks like a Cebee to me. Congrats! She must have an interesting acquisition story if she was unidentified.

15. Thank you! Not much of a story, I was browsing eBay and there she was, starting bid a dollar. I bid late, and high, and she was mine for much less than I was willing to pay. :)

16. @FranC, congratulations on getting that sweet CH girl! A friend showed me the auction while it was active, and tempting though it was, I passed. Hopefully we'll get to see more pics of her here on DoA -- pretty please! :abow:

17. Wow, a Cebee starting at a dollar! How times have changed. Looks like she's still got her original face-up, too.

18. There is a Haute Doll Cebee currently on ebay I've been watching. Checking for info I've learned they were white resin dolls which helped me curb my temptation as I've kept my collection under control by not adding white resin dolls. (Mostly!!)
      But also while researching I'm noticing that it seems the Haute Doll version had more open eyes? The photos for her are very different from the one FranC posted. Otherwise my resin rule might have gotten tossed out the window! Anyway, curious if anyone remembers more about the original release of this version.

And again the price she's posted for is a far cry from the original release price. :0

19. I replaced my Unique Ai Choa with an Haute Doll Choa because I wanted a different face-up and there was no difference in the sculpt. The resin was of slightly lesser quality. As far as I recall that was the only change. I'm not sure I still have the issue of Haute Doll in which they were featured, but I will take a look around when I can.

20. Thanks! This doll is with its box, & looks to have the original faceup. But I'd swear the eye openings look larger (besides having really big eyes in). Its just a detail I was trying to understand as I love the look of FranC's doll but this one seems to have eyes shaped more like my Sia...perhaps it was a matter of the master having been resculpted. [And, perhaps in a world where we could meet & compare dolls irl, I'd discover that they are the same eyes & its just the angle of the photo that's confusing me... ;} ]