1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things about this hobby that you find hilarious?

Apr 30, 2021

1. One of mine has jointed hands and flipped me off whenever I pull her out of her bag. I think the tension straightened itself out or something because she doesn’t do it anymore, sadly.

The out of context comments and terminology/names. Comments like “I need to take her head off to get her into this dress” or pretty much anything relating to splits, sales, or mods.

2. I once found a doll, like.. 10 years ago? Or rather a pic of the doll. Never found the company, or anything due to all the text being in japanese. But i saw a doll that appeared to uhh... 'stand at attention' so to speak if you poked his nipple. I didnt know if thats how it was or just a poor representation on the image. I was never able to find where to buy it to see. But it, to this day, is one of the main things about the hobby me and a friend joke about.

3. This, exactly!:)

4. Okay.

In MP right now, there is an item for sale. I guffaw every time I scroll past it. It is both magnificent and (IMHO) utterly ridiculous at the same time.

I may have to buy it and make it an office paperweight. Assuming no one else wants it for its intended purpose.

5. OMG, I had no idea there was such a thing as jointed and removable male parts! That is hilarious.

6. When the Nobility Doll Emotional Boy Body first came out, the advertisement mentioned the "male part" had a "twisting action." Someone on the discussion thread here casually mentioned it, and it came to be christened the "Amazing Spinning Boybits." Page 1, the discussion went straight to the gutter, and it stayed there the entire thread. Every once in a while, someone would try to justify it, saying it "Wasn't that bad, it's just so you can reposition it" for things like saddle stands, but it just made the whole thing funnier.

7. I *had* to look this up. For anyone who joined after 2009, start here: https://denofangels.com/threads/nobility-doll-63cm-65cm-70cm-discussion.119519/page-14

Page 15 is when the discussion really starts to ramp up.

8. Ok, that is hilarious, since I heard about those on Insta, I've been on the look out to buy one. And then I'll get it, and then what, what am I supposed o do with it? No idea, I just think I'm meant to own one :XD:

Now I also kinda want to put all my extra parts on the fridge, I have many horns for my MNF, I'll end up with a horny fridge, badum tss.

9. @Wraak I'm thinking that the male body you're thinking of just might be the one mentioned further up in this thread (quoting it below for reference):
      Something I'd like to add to this further beyond the feel good pressable nipple thing—I believe the Nobility Doll boy body was the one to start off the whole heli-peen (aka helicopter penis) saga. It cracks me up every time I think about it—especially since my Ringdoll RGM-3 has the same kind of...bit that can perform that very same function:lol:

Off the subject of magnificent boybits—I have to admit this hobby has created some interesting, and hilarious, conversation points between me and my mom on more than a few occasions :XD:

10. I find funny photos of dolls with wooden poses and looking up at nothing :-)))

11. “Owl” photos with eyes in the hip sockets of a boy doll. Are those still a thing? The “beak” is...well, you can probably figure it out. :XD:

12. I’m waiting on a Volks boy who still has his eyes glued in. I was talking to a friend, and saying that as soon as Nicky got home, I was going to rip his eyes out.

The type of conversation you should really only have about a doll. Plus the ensuing conversation about buying new eyes!

13. The injuries. The number of injuries I've sustained from a doll collecting hobby never fails to amuse me. This seems like it would be such a delicate sissy hobby but my hands are just always torn the hell up because of it. I crushed my thumbnail with an s-hook so hard it bled, cracked and turned purple. There's still blood inside that doll... It's like I'm asking to be cursed.

Objectively the detachable penises are the funniest thing, though. Mostly because "lol pennis" but also just the mere concept that people are so... invested... in their dolls' whangs that there's a demand for dolls with a whole arsenal of unique skinflutes. It's just very very funny.

14. The never-ending pearl clutching about *stage whisper* DOLLY NUDITY and whether or not it needs a warning in any given situation. On one hand, I understand that surprise dolly weenie or boobies probably isn't what you want to see if you open up your instagram during your lunch break at work. On the other, if someone chooses to watch your box opening video, I feel like naked dolls should just be expected.

Also, non-traditional doll weenies in the shapes of snakes and other bizarre objects/animals/items. It feels very "sculptors spent so long asking whether or not they could that they never bothered to ask whether or not they should" to me, and I'd love to have tons of them as general magnets in my office because I've got the emotional maturity of a 12-year-old.

15. That additional body parts really surprised me at first. So are the multiple stories of body parts 'flying away' while dressing up. Because they are connected by magnets, I also heard story that some people didn't want to put the additional parts on when wearing tight pants, and the magnet on the body keeps attracting metalic accessories '_> '
      Also hilarious is soom's brain parts that replaced the s-hook for the idealian line. I mean, their dolls really has a BRAIN inside that empty resin skull! I missed the previous selling period of the doll I wanted so I don't have any idealian dolls yet. But I managed to push my friend into taking photos of that tiny brain part. It is just sooo cute.

#35 sylfr, May 5, 2021
      Last edited: May 5, 2021
    16. Some of the creative "option parts" certain companies make are pretty funny. The fact that someone took the time to make a trouser snake or my Granado guy's modesty hand is pretty amusing. Similarly if someone was to try to blackmail me with the nude pictures on my phone it would be ridiculous since they're all comparison pics of my dolls.

And as someone else mentioned, BJDs seem to project personalities in ways other dolls don't. For example I got a new wig for my Dream Valley Rosa, and she looked happier as soon as she was wearing it.

#36 Leo Pheonix, May 5, 2021
      Last edited: May 5, 2021
    17. @SunnyWindy The artist who makes the penis doll has recently opened a pre-order for him. Somebody on a FB group I belong to mentioned it, which made me go WTF?! and have to check it out.

To this day I have no idea what the purpose of the Granado handy part is except to make me (and others who've seen it) go WTF?! I was part of an excellent moment when I was visiting a friend and brought my then new Granado boy with me. We stopped at a Timmies to grab something for her mom on the way back to her house and while in line and talking dolls I casually said Liroshan came with 3 dicks and I didn't get the purpose of one of them. Naturally I say this just as there's a lull in the sound of conversation around us.

I am never not amused to be talking to someone about dolls and have an unaware person hear my end of the conversation about needing to decapitate <insert name here> so I more easily dig the eyes out of his head or what a pain it was to swap the feet of someone else just so they could wear the cool heeled boots I bought him or say his body was driving me crazy and I was thinking of getting a new one for him.

18. I kind of enjoy the uncanny valley creepiness of some dolls. Especially if the doll was deliberately made to look spooky. It’s like saying, “Oh, you think my dolls are creepy? Well, wait till you see this!” Embrace the valley.

19. There was a doll a long time ago that had soft nipples. Lol. I STULL TO THIS DAY laugh because I remember the way they worded it. Stuff like a zoomed in picture of the rubber nipple and saying “Touch it, so soft!!” Lol. I’m cracking up now remembering it!

20. While I sitting at the park with my non dollie friend who is like to hear about my crafting journey and my fails, because I always present it in a funny way. Kind of a serial killer's diary. And the strangers' face who just walk by... It's hilarious. We laugh a lot.
      ( Something like: They are now all sitting on my bed naked and eyeless. Except the demon cat. But I Don't like his eyes. I Wanna change it)