1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy you... *Rant Thread*

Dec 11, 2014

1. I don't have a lot yet since I'm still kind of new but..

People who give inaccurate information when selling dolls.. My first doll was sold as perfect, but when she arrived she was green and sickly in her face due to yellowing.

Also I second the clothes size thing, a lot of awesome dresses are SD, so my poor MSD girl can't wear it. I also have a hard time finding nice outfits for my yosd boy, I want something that fits his fantasy theme but most things I find are either dresses (it's a boy!) casual wear or cute-sy wear.

2. I feel you man. It's hard to find good yo-sd clothing, especially shoes. My girls both have more old-fashioned doll shoes because nothing I buy them seems to fit them properly and I'm too stubborn to buy 'nice' shoes. Their boots both make their feet go upturned in them and they can't stand in them. Which really pisses me off because I spent good money on them. With one it's not a problem cause I love making frilly, girly things for her since she's a total girly girl. The other, she's supposed to be ore of a hunter (though I still dress her in cutesy things sometimes) and just a miniature version of her character.

3. Some doll owners/sellers who have IG accounts post wonderful pictures, and then talk about their private lives to the point of making me very uncomfortable. Talking about a stalking husband, crazy ex-girlfriend, and other personal details is TMI for me...I prefer just the dolls and clothes!

4. Yeah, exactly! I actually don't have shoes for any of my dolls. (Well I only have 2 complete doll now, am waiting for my third, but still!)
      My girl needs dark brown or very very light brown/broken white cute shoes. However all the shoes I find are either completely brown, an ugly light brown or a bright brown color. And for the yosd I simply didn't find anything I really liked so I ended up having both dolls barefooted. They have nice clothes now though.

5. Honestly I'm debating trying again with buying them new shoes but the memory of the last time I thought I had a great deal comes back to haunt me. I know there's some simple tutorials on here for shoes including how to make them out of faux suede but... Eh I'm not sure still.

6. Oh man, I feel you on the shoe thing! My slim mini guy STILL doesn't have shoes of his own. He just has to borrow flats from my sister's MNF girl now that she only wears heel feet. It's... not ideal, haha.

7. THIS. ALL OVER. SO many beautiful sculpts on dolls that are waaaaaay too big for my tastes...

8. I wish I could find the confidence to try making my own shoes :') But I'm too afraid to fail. So well, they'll be barefooted for a while longer.. I'm just waiting for the perfect pair to come around :P

9. :P I feel you trust me. I'm still not sure myself if I wanna resort to shoe-making yet.

10. Not yet, but maybe some day. Like I started trying out some face ups.. Because, well, adding to this topic,
      It annoys me when the face gets chipped or yellowed and I can do nothing about it. It also annoys me to have to pay so much extra just to get a head somewhere, and have the possibility to lose it in the mail.. I completely understand the prices for face-ups, of course, but the mail and the possibly problems with that kills it for me '^^. So I tried a face-up, but I'm not as good yet xD.

11. Hey practice makes perfect. I don't have great hand-eye coordination so while I can sew pretty well and coordinate outfits... Faceups are not where I shine. I've only had one doll had his face-redone (my Resinsoul Song Avalon who was my first MSD) and I only got it done because it was someone in my meetup group who I knew would take care of him.

12. When a head previously had blushing in its ears and it's near impossible to clean them completely >_<

13. True enough, well, I plan on practicing more, but only if I can find some cheaper heads to practice on. Don't want to risk ruining an expensive doll.. And yeah, I recently got one of my faces redone because of yellowing. The one doing it lived like an hour away so I actually drove there to bring the doll and also went to pick it up.. just to avoid the mail :')

Oh I had this before, but in an open mouth. I had no idea how to clean it, it was the first time cleaning and doing a face up for me too. I ended up not getting it cleaned up, but it was red and it was going to be red anyway so I just went over it and it looks fine now.. but I can imagine that being different for ears.
      I actually am not really familiar with cleaning off face-ups, so it annoyed me he had stuff in his mouth anyway because he was supposed to be clean, without any make-up left.

#993 Achetarin, Jul 2, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
    14. I get ya. I used the heads of OT dolls to practice on initially.

15. Alright, something that annoys me: when companies take terrible photos of their wigs. It's just...vaguely irritating when I see a wig I really like in an owner photo, but when I go to the company the pictures are bad and the wigs are all fuzzy and aren't sitting right on the models' heads, etc. etc. Like...I don't doubt they'd probably be great in person and I could make them look as good as I saw in the owner photos, I just can't being myself to buy something that looks cheap and bad on the website, even if it's not. Maybe I'm just picky...? (I've been looking for a long, curly/wavy, natural red wig with bangs, and though I've found a couple that will work, there hasn't been anything absolutely perfect. Oh well! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

16. The lack of diversity/darker skin tones available. Some companies handle this better than others. I get that darker skin tones are more unpredictable and why they have to charge more for them; that's fine. I also get that some companies are probably too scared to mess around with dyes or their resin recipe. But it does bother me when they have that option but as a "limited edition". It seems vaguely insulting to make such a big deal out of something so normal. If you can do it, why not offer it all the time, even if it has to be at a higher price? Sales incentives, I guess. :sigh But using that as a sales incentive is even more insulting....

17. That and when doll owner that always posted only pictures of their dolls is suddenly posting pics of their children/food/family and other private stuff. :sweat

18. also bear in mind some companies are not big enough in terms of staff and space to do the darks on a more permanant basis AND some are held hostage more to weather depending on physical location. Example Iplehouse is a lot smaller as a company than a lot of ppl realize.