1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. [​IMG]
      I found a second-hand tan girl! Her name is Gale :)

2. Cool! Congrats with new girl!

But on my eye she looks rather like rosy than tan, is it for real or just my monitor?

3. Thanks!
      It's partly the photo editing but the tan is a bit warmer and more saturated color than DD Sanjie tan.

This photo is more close to natural light-
      Gale and Raine

4. I wanted to show you my vinyl girl, although it is not from volks but from parabox, I have it two days ago. I hope I can post it here, if I can´t im sorry.

20180621 132921

5. Looks like I am purchasing my first ever custom DD head and body soon! I'm excited to share with everyone!

6. Does anyone here have a cutie with a Large bust? I'm having trouble finding the circumference information. Can someone measure for me?

7. I do not have it, but my records shows 183 mm. Hope this can help.

8. Thank you!

9. Like @Walkergirl, I've just ordered a custom MDD~ She'll be my very first vinyl doll and I'm super excited to meet her~:D

10. Wanted to share this new photo of my Liliru - she’s finally starting to come together for me!

[​IMG]

11. This sure is a quiet thread. Anyway, congrats to everyone ordering their MDDs. I've just ordered a custom DDH01 head from Yahoo Auctions Japan myself and my proxy has her at last and she's ready to be shipped to me! I won't be posting photos of her anytime soon though since I bought her with the intention to have her as a Christmas present to myself :XD: But once it's Christmas expect a lot of photo spam, lol.

12. I was able to purchase this year one of my grail dolls, MDD Arle. She had never been removed from her box until I brought her home, but I found that her head seemed just a bit wobbly to me. Since she's my first Volks doll I wasn't sure if this was relatively normal. She holds her head up fine but a slight bump will jiggle it to the side or down. Just was curious if this was normal on Dollfie Dream dolls, and if not, how I could make her a little sturdier.

I was also wondering: are the seams on the back of the legs meant to split?

(Sorry for the basic questions! I never know if I should ask these type of questions in specific forums like this one, or in the "Newbieland" forums...)

13. @Muhtooz Congrats on getting your grail! I've only got one Dollfie Dream that isn't a hybrid, she's on the Dynamite body but I don't have any issues with her head wobbling. You could possibly put a bit of tape around the neck peg to make it a little thicker, that could stop it from moving around so much.

Yep, the seams are supposed to split near the knee joint so they can move. Borrowing this photo from Baldylox over on the Dollfie Dreams forum. As long as they look like this that means they're fine (the legs on the left are an Obitsu45)

[​IMG]

14. @Magical Rin Ah okay, I figured the seams were meant to split. Just wanted to make sure :) I will definitely see about putting a little tape around her neck peg too, I'm sure it will help. Thank you!

15. @Muhtooz You're welcome, always happy to help :)

16. I can finally post photos here! I got to put my new girl and boy together Christmas day so here they are.

Meet Miyu (girl) and Satou (boy) :whee:

[​IMG]

They both technically have Parabox bodies but I figure since their heads are DDs it'd be okay to post them here.

17. Most likely that wobbling of the head of your doll is due to it was not fully pushed through the neck's peg. As a result it sits only on this peg which definitely not intended for this job. Just push the head firmly toward the body so it sit on doll's neck. This will eliminate any head's wobbling. And, pleas, do not use any adhesive tape for that: it will collect dirt and will stain the doll's body and head. If you really need something like that better use hot glue instead.

18. First time commenting here, before I was only in the DD discussion thread :whee:

Last week my Kara returned and she's so extremely cute my heart can't take it! <3 She's a modded MDD Etheldreda on a SWS body - freyacchi accomplished this awesome skin matching job, you don't even see she was a WS head :XD:

[​IMG]

Put the pic in spoilers since it's pretty big~