1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

:: Volks Dollfie Dreams Discussion Room : Part XVI :

May 30, 2022

1. As someone who is a huge fan of Utena, the dolls sculpts really disappointed me. They look nothing like the characters.
      That being said I decided to go ahead and enter the lottery for Anthy. A dark tan dollfie is cool all on it's own, so if I get her I can make an original character.

@MilkyTea , she's so cuute!:D

2. these are beautiful- did you make them yourself?

3. Thank you and yes I did. I had meant to do more to show them off but ran out of energy so I failed to capture what IMHO really sets them apart which is their level of articulation. They go from fully open like this to fully folded.

4. I'd absolutely recommend a bodysuit for Y'shtola. I stained my Kos-Mos pretty good with her original outfit as she was my first DD and I was overly excited+unknowledgeable with regard to how bad the outfit would stain the vinyl. I ended up replacing the arms/legs, so thankfully she's still near perfect. I'd assume this is the reason the Volks website always has black/darker colors always available as opposed to the whites/brights. I do have Y'shtola on the way myself and will definitely put her in a bodysuit.

Also surprised to see no mention of Utena's lottery open at VolksUSA right now. I quite like it, especially the outfit, and entered for it! Totally a bonus she's a DD-f3 for those who don't have one yet.

#5 Equinox, Jun 3, 2022
      Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    5. Utena and Anthy just restocked on Volks International website!

6. I'm super interested in getting a SD or DD, or even a Mochi Ashi. But I see so many people in Facebook groups talking about how the quality from Volks has gone down lately, with wobbly pieces or limbs falling off. Is this true, or just a small percentage of complaints all in one place? If it is true, is there a certain time period or body style I should get that will be better? I love the look of these dolls and the customization options, but nervous about spending money on something that breaks.

7. My Dollfie was the Lina Inverse release in 2021, so not that long ago, and she was absolutely perfect. No problems with bits falling off or being wobbly, and I wrestled her into a full bodysuit before dressing her.

8. I've purchased two Dream Choice dolls in the past year and neither of them had any issues at all. I haven't seen many complaints either here or on DollDreaming, either.

However, I will mention that there was an issue with several of the Nier Automata 2B dolls which came out a few years ago - a fair number of them had cracked neck holes on the heads, which Volks moved to replace after some fuss. That's the only issue that springs to mind, but I remember it because it WAS an issue, and also because it was so unusual.

The other thing is that the two issues you mention - wobbly pieces and limbs falling off - are both issues that can be addressed by tightening the tiny screws on the DD internal skeleton. Admittedly this is something you don't want to be forced to do straight out of the box, but they're issues that are easily fixable by the owner, not issues that make the doll unusable. I'm pretty sure there's information on the Volks website that will show you how to adjust the skeleton, if it comes to that.

9. This makes me feel so much better! I had a feeling it was just a select few on FB, but knew I’d have better luck getting actual advice here. I’ve been eyeing multiple Volks girls and now just have to decide what to get lol! Thank you!

Lol!! I’m glad you wrestled her and were victorious! That’s a super recent release so I’m happy to hear that people have had great experiences. Thank you!!

#10 brinney, Jun 4, 2022
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2022
    10. Does Volks do reruns of collaborations? I love the entire sailor moon and scouts set, but these resell prices/availability are just crazy…

11. It's extremely unlikely they will ever be rereleased. There HAVE been some Dollfie Dreams who've had some rereleases (especially Hatsune Miku -- she's had a LOOOOOT), but it's the exception, not the norm.

12. Yes that’s what I read- I’d imagine the precedent then would be to only rerelease the main/most popular (Moon)
      Or maybe a 2nd version like with Rin from Fate with the outer senshi
      Or I’ll just have to wait and save :nosebleed

13. Can you buy the directly without the lottery from the international site?

14. Yeah - I would say this is unlikely to happen for something like sailor moon. Your best bet for them is to watch Mandarake as the resale price there isn’t usually too bad.

That being said, there are a few limited examples of them doing re-releases. Miku and Snow Miku both got them as did Emilia. There are also many Saber variants but I’d view all of these as exceptions - most of the time they don’t re-release.

15. Yes, both Utena and Anthy are available directly from the International site without having to go through a lottery! Collab DD on the International site are usually click war items, though Utena and Anthy seem to be surprisingly easy to get? I'm surprised that they are still available a week after they were put on sale on the site!

I personally pre-ordered Utena from the International site last week. Though Utena seems to be awaiting restock again right now.

16. @namika Ok, thanks for the info! I really like Utena's face, but not sure if I wanna go for her or not.

17. not very common...it all depends on the copyright I believe. The only one that so far seems more lenient on 2nd and more releases are probably the fate series. Also occasionally if the charater has a different outfit set, if popular enough they may get another release.

18. Well instead of waiting for a sailor moon rerun I decided to get myself an Anthy instead, and am toying with the idea of making a sailor Pluto but I absolutely adore her tan skin tone regardless :D

19. I adore Utena as a series and I love how they designed Utena and Anthy, so I'm super excited to have (somehow) survived the clickwar and purchased them! I have to figure out where I'm going to put them when they arrive! ♥