1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

whats your ideal number of dolls

May 25, 2019

1. I have about 10 dollars and maybe 7 more on the way I don’t think I will exceed over 25 because that is my limit. My ideal number was 30 but due to life issues it got smaller so my new is 25 :).

2. Well, at first I said two, then five, then ten... Honestly, my limit is "when they get overwhelming." So far, I'm at 15 with one on the way and plans for a dozen more, and I don't feel anywhere near overwhelmed. I think my friends are more overwhelmed by my collection than I am! My dolls aren't perfect and sometimes the idea of getting them fixed up is scary, but I still love and spend time with all of them. So my ideal is however many makes me happy, I guess! :XD:

3. I think I've already passed my ideal amount. I currently have 8 full Bjds and 1 floating head. I feel my ideal was around 3-5 dolls. At that point I didn't feel overwhelmed at all and I could give equal love and attention to each of my dolls. That being said I honestly don't plan on setting myself a limit. I still love each of my dolls and enjoying getting new ones so I won't stop until I feel completely overwhelmed and stop caring about individual dolls.
      At the moment I only have MSDs and smaller - so my I finally get an SD I do plan on only having that 3-5 doll limit. But we'll have to wait and see.

4. I do not have an ideal amount, if I like I buy it, I have had 13 dolls, but due to economic problems, I have all for sale, except for one.

5. I think 30 dolls would make me pretty happy

6. I don’t know. I would rather they didn’t spill out of the cabinet I got for them... that’s actually a consideration for me when looking at new dolls now.

7. I fail at only having x amount as I enjoy collecting, due to space I think I may stop at 30 BJD but I have other bigger dolls that are none BJD that live in my craft room but who knows If I can squeeze one in might end up with loads more.
      Started my model horses saying only 50 I know have nearly 300

8. I don't really know! Is there ideal number at all...it depands on how large they are. 50 DS is probably too much for me, not anough storage space. But tinies? 100 would be still fine if it comes to space. But I wouldn't have time to give them proper attantion. It would be more about colecting than being creative at that point. So, 100 is probably too much.

I don't have any set limits, yet. May be in future.

9. 2-3 to be honest. Because I only want to collect 80cm dolls and they are HUGE.

10. Generally speaking, I don't really have a limit, but I only have OT dolls at this point, so it might change with BJDs, but I don't think it will. If I ever get overwhelmed by my collection, I'll do something about it, but until then, I always have room for more. I like big crews :love

11. Here's a recent thread about limits
      Have you set yourself a doll limit and have you been able to keep it?

I think limit an ideal are not necessarily the same thing, though mine aren't too far off. I think my ideal is 3-5 (I have 3 now and am content with them but do have vague plans for 2 more should the right dolls present themselves) and my limit 5-7 (Having more than this overwhelmed me in the past so I think I need to keep my collection smaller).

12. I thought two for each size would be the ideal number.... but I ended up getting 3 mini sized dolls >.<

13. I'd say 30 maximum, but I had a limit of 9 in the past, so I'm not convinced I have an ideal limit tbh. As long as I enjoy what I have without feeling overwhelmed I'm good :3nodding:

14. My collection is the perfect size right now. When I first started out, I thought that I could own a 100 dolls and not get tired of them. Turns out, this wasn't the case. When I got my 10th big doll, I suddenly felt overwhelmed. I no longer saw the individual sculpts, but perceived them as one big blur of resin. I sold that last doll, and now I'm content again. 9 is the perfect number for me.

(Note that I didn't count the two tinies that are in my posession as well: For some reason they don't count, although I'm not interested in growing their number either)

15. I'm not so sure I have an ideal limit. Right now, as long as they fit in my office, it's fine. My husband is not a doll person, so they have to stay in my space and not spread around the house, but that goes for ALL of my dolls, not just my bjd's. I have about 40 bjd's now, but I'd say a soft limit is probably around 50. I'd still need space to display the Barbies and porcelain and other dolls, but if I got rid of them, I could probably go up to 100 bjd's before running out of space on my shelves.

16. Right now I have 9 (including a couple off topics that I include in the BJD category) and that seems like a pretty good number. I think if it was all big SD+ size dolls the number would be lower.

17. I have reached the amount of 5 BJDs (sizes from MSD to tiny) at home and I'm sure that's very close to the maximum number I can handle. I haven't felt the need to buy more dolls for the past 2 years, and I don't think that will change soon. In fact, the last thing I purchased (and immediately sold) was a head and I felt overwhelmed the moment it came home xD

18. Exactly as many as now, if it is more than zero. =)

19. In the past I never gave myself a specific doll limit. I've been in the hobby three years now and I've hit a point where I'm just not as actively interested in them anymore.
      So, I'd say my ideal number is one, my favorite doll that I've kept through all this time. The thing is, I know I fall for pretty faces all the time, so reality would probably dictate somewhere between 2-4. Not too many that I get overwhelmed/they take up too much space, and not too many projects to work on.

20. Lol limit? What is that? I got 200 plus BJDs. I'd post photos...but I dunno how anymore on this site!