1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite "masculine" sculpt?

Jul 17, 2017

1. Thank you! I hope we can see yours soon. Here's how to post images: " you are not able to upload an image with your post. You will need to post the images to an external account like Flickr, Photobucket or your own website. Once you've uploaded your photos, copy the URL of your image. The URL should end in jpg, gif or png. Some sites, like Etsy and Facebook, may have image URLS that will not work on DoA. In the editing box on DoA, click the image icon: [​IMG] Paste in your image URL and click Insert."

but if you have Photobucket it might be giving trouble- it's doing that a lot.

2. Iplehouse EID Dexter, especially with facial hair. Gives me total Kurt Russell antihero vibes. Would love his limited western set.

Iplehouse EID Rex is a close second. Very handsome.

3. Not a company that I know of, so much as an independent maker. Maeglindark on Deviantart has made a sculpt that I am MADLY in love with, and I would sell my house to have one if she'd ever be willing to make more, though I'm pretty sure she only made the one for herself. His name is Ricky and he is by far my most favourite male doll I've ever seen :love (He's the one on the left)
      [​IMG]

4. Ringdoll K, who is pretty much the reason I collect more mature dolls now.

[​IMG]
      (this is mine. I'll be honest, he's not always super-masculine, but he pulls it off sometimes.)

5. Omg, Definitely since I entered the hobby all the Switch boys, his sculpts are so delicated and beautiful I love them, Other companies could be Pymalion dolls or the boys of distant memory

6. There are just so many delicious masculine sculpts out there, it's really hard for me to narrow it down. Some of the Iplehouse boys are to die for, and I love what Granado, Impldoll, and Dollshe have put out as well. But, if I have to name off a couple of specifics...

I'll start off with Dollshe's King Corey. He has a beautiful masculine face with the potential for a somber expression, but also a more lighthearted, humored tone. He gives off this sense of confidence and...I don't...good-hardheartedness? Excuse my lack of a better explanation :XD:

My other one would have to be Batchix's Clever and Clever Little. He's got nice features, and a mischievous air about him I just love. :D:D:D

Honorable mentions goes to Granado's most recent male releases, especially Uriel. Dang, that boy's a looker!:love Also, one of the earliest ones I loved when I first started looking at BJDs is Plaice from Impldoll. He's got a good balance of masculine and feminine to his features without veering too much into androgynous elf territory.:D

7. 5th Motif Venitu. That's my dream doll, I'm so happy to have one. :D

8. Island Doll Veranoen is my favourite, though he's still quite feminine I find!

Also, thanks to this thread, I now I have a second one - Impldoll Tank! He's nigh perfect for my character Boris! It'll be a fun project, too, as I've always wanted to do scar mods...

9. Charm Doll Hugh is a favorite of mine for a "manly" sculpt.

10. I must join in the fan club for this guy! Wow! :)

11. This guy is so cool looking! Lots of attitude, and definitely unique. I love the hair. It tops off the look perfectly. :)

12. Hmm, Ring Doll's Grown series falls into mind or The I.O.S 70 class men.

13. Volks SDGr Date Masamune II is my favorite male sculpt, his SDGr body looks great in traditional Japanese clothing and I love the sculpting of his head - especially the eye shape!

14. I have a heavy bias, since I own him, but Migidoll's Siho sculpt is by far my favorite male sculpt! He's pretty, but still masculine in a way.

15. I'm waiting for a Dollshe Hound I ordered 2 years ago, and I love his face in pictures I've seen of him. He looks like a young adult, not a teen. As others have said, Granado has a lot of hansome guys.

16. I love mature, masculine sculpts... and once upon a time I thought I didn't have a 'favorite'.

... I now dream of having a second IH Tedros (maybe a third, though I doubt it since there are so many other dolls I do also want, and I do not have infinite space or money), so I think it's fair to say I've developed a bit of a bias...

17. For me it’s either Iplehouse Kamau or Twigling Eloy. Both have come in some glorious resin colours. Kamau has a fantastic nose, especially in his original release. I’m in love with his nose and mouth, and how well his mouth and chin go together on his original release—which is only something I noticed when I last looked at it. Eloy... also has a great nose, and his cheekbones. It took me a bit to get used to the positioning of his eyes, but there’s this sort of gentleness to his sculpt, and I just love how Reese stylizes her dolls.

18. I already previously posted in this thread, but there have been a few new additions to my favorites since that last one.

Starting off with a few general ones:

Simply Divine. Their male sculpts in general. They have such an elegant, yet masculine appeal to them. Unfortunately they don't fit in with the rest of my SD/70cm+ crew (I got one to shell an OC, and—although he's drop-dead gorgeous—I just can't get him to work), but they are something of a feast for the eyes whenever I stumble upon photos of them. There's also a few of the more recent Rosen Garden sculpts that have added some much-needed masculinity to the elf ear sculpts available. I've got Lovis in particular, and I love his somber expression, more prominent nose, and overall more masculine (yet still slightly soft) facial features. I also love the re-envisioned version of Impl Nicolas that Eclipse 21 (? I hope I'm remembering that right) did with the elf ear addition. There's also those Demiurge guys, and the ones from Meeksdoll—

The manly sculpts that really stand out as my favorites these days, however, are the ones from Dragon Shell Doll. Stronger, more distinctly masculine features, more unique and beautifully unusual faces...I'm especially enamored with Snake, Dog and Dragon. (OT, but I'm really loving her newest one, Cat, who's a gorgeous girl that could also be a semi-masculine boy, but I'll stop there...) They also have optional parts available, like elf ears and neck adapters for more body options—which allows me to create uber masculine elves without breaking out the epoxy. I've got a Snake, but I keep putting off giving the guy a faceup. Still trying to decide if the wigs I've got for him currently are the ones that are right for him, or if I should make him another....

I swear, there are quite a few more I could mention, but the list would go on for days. I'm more drawn to realistic, masculine sculpts, more so than females (I just don't do soft and dainty), so I'm always building up a list every time I discover something new:XD:

19. I prefer male dolls that are masculine, not too boyish or androgynous, but also not too beefy.

Ringdoll K has been mentioned, he is one of my favorites. I also like Dollclans Vezeto, although when I got him Dollclans didn't sell bodies and they recommended Spirit Doll. The Spirit Doll body does fit, but I'm not crazy about it.

And, of course, I love my 5th Motif Venitu. His body is unique, lovely, but hard to fit! I don't know how many of you remember the blurb on the original sales page. It's interesting (I cleaned up the English a bit):
      "Venitu is a mix between Latin words, 'venite' and 'spiritu'. However, there are no means of religion.
      Venitu is a 16 year old water polo athlete, who eats 10,000 calories, exercises 6 hours and sleeps 10 hours.
      He has been imagined to be made so that his physique seems like it has grown as much as an adult, but the muscles aren't fully developed yet.
      Needless to say, this is just some of the trivial ideas and finding other possibilities are up to you."

I'm also a fan of big noses, which is what attracted me to Vezeto.
      [​IMG]Leon by Nadine, on Flickr

20. OH, that nose is GORGEOUS.