Frequently Asked Questions
Page 1 of 5
After you have been a member for 60 days and have made 40 posts, you can fill out the application form to apply for Marketplace access. If you have any questions about this, please ask the moderators.
Banned dolls may not be shown or mentioned on Den of Angels at all.
Click Choose File to upload your custom avatar and Okay to save it.
You can delete your avatar by selecting the 'delete custom avatar?' option and clicking ok.
You can upload jpg, jpeg, png or gif files. The recommended size is 200x200 pixels. Please remember that animated avatars are not allowed.
You can also update your avatar from your Personal Details page.
Once you've uploaded your photos, copy the URL of your image. The URL should end in jpg, gif or png. Some sites, like Etsy and Facebook, may have image URLs that will not work on DoA.
In the editing box on DoA, click the image icon:
Paste in your image URL and click Insert.
Additionally, user names cannot have non-English or non-English-keyboard (including ASCII) characters.
If you were a member previously, please include as much information as you remember about your DoA account, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will let you know if your old account is still in our database.
All applications are manually reviewed by a moderator, so approval could take hours or a couple of days if the number of applications is high. We appreciate your patience!
The same steps are done to change the prefix to your thread, such as marking a thread Finished in the marketplace, or changing a description prefix in the Galleries/Photostories or other areas.
You cannot change the title of other people's threads. If you feel a change is needed, contact the moderators in Ask the Moderators.
If more than one account accesses Den of Angels from your IP, we recommend that you post in the Ask the Moderators to let us know that you are separate people.
For the same reason, we do not allow name changes. We suggest that you choose a username that is not time or trend based. It might be embarrassing to you two years down the road to have "JustinBieber4ever" as your username.
Specifically, we do not allow name changes based on disliking or outgrowing your username, wanting a consistent username across multiple sites, or changing your name legally in real life. If you want people to call you something else, we recommend updating the user title under your avatar to your preferred name.
• Is the image available on your image host? Check to make sure that your image host is available and that they have not blocked or removed your image.
• Is the image's privacy setting set to public? Some image hosts (like Flickr) allow you to set images to be private. That means they won't show on DoA, even if you can see them when you log into your image hosting account.
• Does the URL end in jpg, gif or png? Only these file types are supported. You will need to link to the individual photo, not the page that it displays on your image host. Sites like Facebook or Etsy may have image links that end in a number – these will not work on DoA.
• Is your image file larger than 2mb? Den of Angels can only display images that are 2mb or smaller. If your image is too big, you will need to resize it in your image editing software.
• Is your bbcode correct? Click the small wrench icon at the top right of the editing box:
This will show the code for your post. You image code should be one URL wrapped in a beginning and ending IMG tag:
• Are you using Flickr bbcode? The bbcode provided by Flickr should be pasted straight into your post*. If you use the DoA image icon to insert it, the image will break. This is because you end up with two sets of IMG tags that are overlapping, so make sure your bbcode only has two IMG tags.
This is incorrect and will not work(two sets of IMG tags):
[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/a/ABC123][IMG]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/5555/yourimage.jpg[/IMG]Image title[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/user123/]You[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]
This is the correct code that will show your image(only one set of IMG tags):
[url=https://flic.kr/a/ABC123][IMG]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/5555/yourimage.jpg[/IMG]Image title[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/user123/]You[/url], on Flickr
* Remember that photo hosts often change their pages and link setups and procedures, so always make sure you check the FAQs/help areas of any host for the latest information on how to access their features.
• Are you trying to link an image from Facebook? Images from Facebook often do not work. You will need to find a different image host.
A suspension lasts for a set term, with a maximum of six months.
A ban lasts indefinitely and is usually permanent.
Den of Angels bans and suspensions
Members may receive a ban or suspension for:
- flaming or flamebaiting
- harassing members via conversations
- marketplace dishonesty
- repeatedly breaking the rules
- posting blatantly inappropriate content
- sharing an account or creating multiple accounts
If you are suspended or banned, you may send an appeal to email@example.com.
If you are caught sneaking back onto the forum, your new account will be banned also.
We do not list who has been banned or for what reasons. In cases of dishonesty, we recommend checking Problem Transactions and keeping up-to-date with warnings of known scammers.
Marketplace bans and suspensions
Members may receive a marketplace ban or suspension for:
- problematic Marketplace transactions
- breaking Marketplace rules
- buying or selling outside the Marketplace
For problematic Marketplace transactions, a Marketplace ban may be lifted after all outstanding transactions are resolved. However, in most cases, the ban will be permanent. In very serious cases, a Marketplace ban will turn into a site-wide ban.
What happens if I receive a Marketplace ban or suspension?
When you receive a Marketplace ban or suspension, the shopping areas of the Marketplace will be invisible to you. Your sales and WTB threads are removed; your in-progress splits or group orders may stay, at the mods’ discretion.
A Marketplace ban or suspension means that you may not:
- buy or sell items anywhere on Den of Angels
- commission another member or accept commissions
- share or create an account to get around the ban/suspension
If you receive a Marketplace ban or suspension, it’s OK to:
- participate anywhere on the forum except the Marketplace
- leave feedback for previous transactions
- complete and resolve any current transactions
- ask a moderator to send info from your split or group order thread
Once the time is up, post in Ask the Moderators to have your suspension lifted.
You can leave multiple conversations at once by selecting them in your inbox and choosing Leave Conversations from the popup menu.
Leaving a conversation will remove it from your inbox, but other participants will still be able to view the conversation. You can choose whether to receive further messages:
2. Choose a category and click Continue...
3. Fill out the fields for the title and tutorial. Optionally, you can enter a brief summary of your tutorial in the Tutorial Snippet Preview field. Some categories also have optional ticky boxes for information like size or construction.
4. Click the Upload Image button to add a thumbnail for your tutorial. You can upload an image from your computer or mobile device.
5. Choose when to publish your tutorial. You can save your tutorial as a draft to edit later, or you can publish it now, or you can schedule it for a future date.
6. Click Save Changes to finish the tutorial.
Need to add more pages? Learn how!
Page 1 of 5