• Is the image available on your image host? Check to make sure that your image host is available and that they have not blocked or removed your image.
• Is the image's privacy setting set to public? Some image hosts (like Flickr) allow you to set images to be private. That means they won't show on DoA, even if you can see them when you log into your image hosting account.
• Does the URL end in jpg, gif or png? Only these file types are supported. You will need to link to the individual photo, not the page that it displays on your image host. Sites like Facebook or Etsy may have image links that end in a number – these will not work on DoA.
• Is your image file larger than 2mb? Den of Angels can only display images that are 2mb or smaller. If your image is too big, you will need to resize it in your image editing software.
• Is your bbcode correct? Click the small wrench icon at the top right of the editing box:
This will show the code for your post. You image code should be one URL wrapped in a beginning and ending IMG tag:
• Are you using Flickr bbcode? The bbcode provided by Flickr should be pasted straight into your post*. If you use the DoA image icon to insert it, the image will break. This is because you end up with two sets of IMG tags that are overlapping, so make sure your bbcode only has two IMG tags.
This is incorrect and will not work(two sets of IMG tags):
[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/a/ABC123][IMG]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/5555/yourimage.jpg[/IMG]Image title[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/user123/]You[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]
This is the correct code that will show your image(only one set of IMG tags):
[url=https://flic.kr/a/ABC123][IMG]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/5555/yourimage.jpg[/IMG]Image title[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/user123/]You[/url], on Flickr
* Remember that photo hosts often change their pages and link setups and procedures, so always make sure you check the FAQs/help areas of any host for the latest information on how to access their features.
• Are you trying to link an image from Facebook? Images from Facebook often do not work. You will need to find a different image host.