1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Zaoll Discussion Thread - Part four!

Oct 28, 2016

1. This thread has been so quiet! My Season of Hope Luv arrived yesterday. She's based on Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables books. I love that her character is smiling, even if it's a very small smile. I have a problem with her boots and tights, though. The tights are fairly thick and make it impossible to put on her boots. Or, it could be the problem is with the boots being too small to begin with, because she can't get them on even barefoot. They're the basic Mallang boots and they appear to be a little too short for her feet. Luckily I have other Zaoll shoes that she can wear, as well as other dolls who can wear the boots.
      [​IMG]

2. She's sooo beautiful! Congratulations!!! <3

3. @vermont chick I have always been tempted by that Zaoll! But I keep thinking I shouldn't get another Zaoll.

4. Thanks @kpopandkimchi ! I was thrilled with how beautiful her makeup is in person. Dollmore does an excellent job with faceups.

When it comes to this Zaoll, @nancy_schroeder_ca, you should give in to temptation. The Anne of Green Gables girls look so different from the other Luvs, it's like having a whole other sculpt.

[​IMG]

5. Hiiii, I'm gonna just park myself in here now. I'm waiting for a Muse head to go on a Supia Ballerina body, so I figured I'd get acquainted with this discussion now. These girls are so lovely. I had trouble deciding between Luv and Muse, but I finally went with Muse because teeth. I may do slight mods to the mouth and lip shape, but I do love a doll with teeth.

6. Hi @TatterPunk! Did you order a faceup, too? Or maybe not, if you plan to mod the mouth. I'll be interested to see how Muse looks on the Supia body.

7. I always do my own face ups so I ordered her blank.... and she's already shipping! Two business days... definitely refreshing after waiting for 10 dollshes....
      I will definitely post photos of her once she's here... you may not be able to get me to stop lol.

8. Oooo I love dolls with teeth too! Muse is also lovely!

9. She's HERE!!
      [​IMG]Wendy - Before by Tatterpunk, on Flickr
      For those who are curious about the hybrid (Zaoll Muse on Supiadoll 60cm Ballerina Body) - here is before any mods have taken place. The neck is a tiny bit wide for the faceplate to sit flush. I'll be sanding that down a little.
      Resin match isn't perfect. Both are White, but Supia white is slightly more of a pink toned white (only very slightly, still paper white) while Dollmore is a more yellow toned paper white.

I am gonna plump up her lips next, so the next time you see her she'll be properly modded (and possibly painted too). Her name is to be Wendy, and she is a more or less undead ballerina.

10. She's so beautiful!!! <3

11. Well this is a little belated, but oh my, she is darling! I don't usually go for girl sculpts, but I could make an exception in her case. Such a versatile sculpt - never would have pictured her as AoGG, but she's perfect! <3

12. @TatterPunk - That's a great combination! I wouldn't worry about the slight color difference. I suspect she'll eventually mellow out to a pretty even tone. Reds always go first, so the body will probably end up the same color as the head. Did you also get the ballerina feet? I look forward to seeing her all modded, painted, and dressed.

@celga - Thanks! Luv really is versatile. Although she looks younger when made up as Anne, she could easily be aged a bit with a different wig and outfit. She hasn't tried anything else on yet, but I want to see her in the Breathtaker outfit my Song of the Night Luv is wearing in the pic below. She is portraying Anne's bestie, Diana Barry.
      [​IMG]

13. And she's done!
      I still have to make a proper wig for her, as this one is too big and thus positively Edwardian on this poor girl. . . but mods and faceup (and new eyes) are complete! BEHOLD, WENDY!
      [​IMG]Wendy by Tatterpunk, on Flickr

@vermont chick Yeah, the colour match isn't a problem for me apparently. I just fix it with my airbrush if needed (which I did obviously). I nearly painted my entire hand white testing the airbrush flow today lol. Also your girls are SO CUTE. I am a HUGE Anne of Green Gables fan (specifically the Megan Follows version) and once I translated what they were trying to say in the descriptions of the Luv AoGG versions I totally squee'd.
      @kpopandkimchi Thank you so much! I'm super excited to start making her some dresses. She will wear so much floof. SO MUCH FLOOF.

14. LOL You'll have to share the floof! Can't wait to see!

15. @TatterPunk - Wow, that didn't take long. She's hardly recognizable as a Muse. I love how you plumped out her upper lip. I also like the wig; it doesn't look too big to me. Did the body come with jointed hands? They seem to be a perfect color match. I'd love to see the complete outfit...

The Megan Follows version of Anne is my favorite, too. When the first AoGG doll came out I immediately recognized her as Anne but the description was a complete mystery. A couple of dolls in the series were less recognizable, especially the Alexia hybrid as Diana (although I'd love to have her outfit).

16. The body just had regular hands, I put Resinsoul SD Boy jointed hands on her. The white is just a shade more neutral white than the body, but it's not very noticeable unless you're looking for it - and very not noticeable in photos. I do need to wire them though.

The mods and faceup pretty much took my whole day off. I started the lip sculpting the night before, but once I had the white base on I realized things were off so I had to redo some stuff. Then I had to wait for the milliput to cure (I sped it up a little) then all the painting and making the eyes. It was a lot of work. I also sueded the body and sanded a tiny bit on the neck.

17. @TatterPunk - It sounds like you work pretty hard on your days off...but the results are worth it.:)

18. Another shot of miss Wendy. I finally got this dress made for her. She will wear a lot of things like this, though I have no idea where I'm going to store all these floofy dresses 0__0. I'm waiting for some peach coloured silk to make her a peach and cream coloured dress. She's my one doll who wears floof and light colours it seems.

[​IMG]Dancing Doll by Tatterpunk, on Flickr

19. @TatterPunk - Gorgeous dress! Let's hear it for floofy! :cheer Do you have any room in your clothes closet? I put floofy outfits in big plastic bags and clip them to skirt hangers. Half my closet is doll stuff.