1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore - Illua Doll Discussion Thread - Part 1

Jul 23, 2016

1. I don't actually think an Alexia discussion even exists! I forget why but I believe I asked one of the mods a few years ago and Alexia's 46cm size delegated her to the thread with the Dollmore Kid dolls. If we ever reach maximum on this thread (unlikely to be soon!) then I'll ask if we can adopt them here :) That's a good idea you had!
      I wonder if Alexia clothes can fit Illua dolls... Alexia's shoulders look much narrower but I might send them an email about that.

When Illua Dolls were first released, Dollmore actually had a service where you could order any clothing in Illua size! They stopped it almost immediately (not sure why, probably too much trouble) but I wish they would still do that! I agree, I would love to see more of the limited sets released individually. It would be fantastic if they would re-release some of the discontinued Lusion limited outfits in Illua size....

2. Alexia and Illua are both welcome in the Big Baby discussion thread:Big BB Discussion(All Companies)

Dollmore used to make outfits in ant size if the seamstress agreed and it was possible. Some once ordered a large doll outfit for a Banji.

Alexia came out before the Big Baby trend and didn't fit in a standard size at the time. I think we could make another thread for her now.

3. Thanks ker246! I would like to see more participation for these girls and know if they can share clothes.

And thanks for the reminder about the BB discussion nancy_schroeder_ca. I'll post my Alexia there whenI get her picture taken.

4. Do you think an Alice in Labyrinth 1/3 doll would fit into Illua doll clothes? My AIL Alice wears an SD10 size dress. Alice has a shoulder width of 11cm and a waist circumference of 19.5cm. I know Alice has a bigger waist and wider shoulders than illua so this might be a silly question but, I thought I'd ask it anyway.

5. Do you actually have pictures of your 1/3 AiL body? I would love to see them! I’m trying to decide right now between that body and a MaskCat body for one of my AiL heads.

I think the Illua clothes would probably fit the AiL despite the waist being larger, but I can’t say for sure. The only Illua outfit I have is the Chocolat Blanc set and it’s on my SD10 body right now. It actually fits that body fine but is a bit too wide in the waist (it’s loose on the Illua body it came on) because it’s cut to be boxy, not fitted

6. Thank you for your help.
      I posted a link to my photo of the 1/3 body in the Alice in Labyrinth 1/3 doll discussion thread:
      Alice in Labyrinth 1/3 Doll Discussion
      This is the only picure of the AIL1/3 body without clothes I've taken so far. I'm going out now but, I can take more pictures later, if you want.

#146 Allie27, Jul 14, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    7. I’m glad to see there’s a 1/3 AiL discussion! I saw the picture of your body and like it a lot. I think that means I’m for sure going to buy it... :chomp:

Back to on topic, my Dollmore package of accessories arrived! So I changed out my Illua’s eyes and wig so will post pictures soon. She really needs 16mm eyes but I’m using 14mm despite the slight gapping in the eyeholes because I like a smaller iris/pupil.

8. What do you think of the Alice illua doll? I really like her clothes. The Alice in Wonderland theme in the photos is cute too. To me, it also looks like she's ready for an Easter Egg Hunt.
      Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more

#148 Allie27, Aug 15, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    9. I like the outfit too! I'm glad to see them release more sculpts in this smaller version! She's not in the budget right now but maybe she will be available when I have spending money!

10. I like her outfit! It’s good to see they’re continuing the Illua limiteds. I still like the Daish sculpt best though. My next doll is definitely going to be the Be My Heart Daish (unless I cave on a second and significantly more expensive Dahlia set!)

11. Daish is still my favourite sculpt too. A Petite Daish is on my list of possible friends for my AIL Alice but, I still wish Dollmore would release one with optional makeup and a dress like Chocolat blanc/noir.
      What do you think of "Be in Sorrow Daish"? I like the details on her dress and I think her lighter makeup gives her a softer look than some of the other dolls wearing black.
      Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more

12. I think she has a very pretty faceup!

13. I love her! She reminds me of the Orgel Requiem Daish but with lighter makeup.

If you're still wanting a Petite Daish, I think the "Be My Heart" has the best price.

I am really torn. I was going to make "Be My Heart" as next doll purchase but now "Be in Sorrow" is tempting me despite that significant price difference :lol:

14. I agree that Be in Sorrow Daish and Orgel Requiem Daish are similar. They would make a nice pair. To me, the gray around the Lusion doll's eyes makes her look like a zombie, as if she were either dead or she hasn't slept in ages due to her nightmares.

I'm also torn. I like "Be my heart" but, I'd want to add shoes, socks and a dress to her outfit. I think the nicest dresses Dollmore has are on the other two dolls so I'm also toying with buying one of them. The green velvet dress and bonnet on "Tell me more" are adorable. Most of my favourite doll outfits look princess-like. Plus, that outfit looks like the one on the Lusion doll. The details on "Be my Sorrow" would probably stand out better if the dress weren't black but, I still really like the dress. I like creepy, gothic things as well as more cutesy stuff. The black dress reminds me of Helen's Mirren's costume in the "Winchester" movie. Her character, Sarah Winchester, is also in mourning.

#154 Allie27, Aug 24, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    15. I want to share a photo of my Be in Sorrow Petite Daish. This is my first full set doll and she's absolutely beautiful. I've named her Lydia, after the character in Beetlejuice:
      [​IMG]

I ordered this doll at the end of September and received it on Monday. It shipped in just under 6 weeks but, the delivery was delayed due to rotating strikes at Canada Post. I'm very relieved to have it now.

#155 Allie27, Dec 1, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    16. I'm glad Dollmore has added Elenoir, Lilia, and another Alice to the illua line. Elenoir was my favourite sculpt after Daish but, now I'm not sure if I like Elenoir or Alice better. Alice reminds me of an Asian porcelain doll. I think she'd look very pretty with some traditional Asian clothes and hair accessories, maybe something similar to what Yeongeop Dahlia or Snow Flower White Jude is wearing.

17. oh wow they are very similiar in size, I think I prefer the Alexia body..hmm wonder if the illua head will fit on it..lol

18. Now if only they would make petite Trinities... >.>

19. That would be nice. I would also like to see the Lusion boy brought down to Illua size.

20. Seeing how long it took them to get the boys out in the first place.. I think it will be a while. :(

Tags: