1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite company?

May 26, 2014

1. I love Luts. They'll always be special to me since my first doll is from them <3
      Also, I love their sculpts. They have such a nice variety of clothes, sculpts, resin colors, etc.

#681 mirrorcle_world, Jul 23, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    2. So I'm just getting back into the swing of things after being gone for a few years. Like at least 5 years. And I'm that time, lots of companies are gone and lots are new. So I've been having a blast but also making my head spin going through all the new dolls.

My previous favorite company was probably DOD, but they're gone. I'm really loving how Gem of Doll looks, but I do wish they had more 1/3 male dolls I like. But for now they're my current favorite. Not that I don't love DOD just as much as I used to, but just that my favorite company still around I think is going to be gem of doll.

So my question to you, what's your favorite company that's currently available? No companies that are no longer available.
      Why are they your favorite?

For me it's mostly the faces, I think they're elegant and beautiful, but just unique enough to set them apart. But I haven't ordered from them yet, so that might change after I get a doll from them.

3. I absolutely love everything about Fairyland, but especially LittleFee and smaller. I think the body construction is great, the faces are adorable, and I love how they have the same character, but in different ages.

4. Volks is probably my favorite current company... And I still have a very specific love for Soom Heliots... But I'm very "old school" in my doll tastes, and so I tend to focus on older sculpts and companies more than new ones.

5. I don't own any from Fairyland atm, but the only friend I have irl that likes has some cute little ones from Fairyland. They're really adorable. I never felt super attached to them myself, though, so I didn't realize they had the same character in different ages. That's really interesting and I'm gonna take a closer look!

I used to love the SOOM sprites and fantasy/story inspired dolls. Like the Cheshire cat and hook dolls. I get what you mean by liking old school, a lot of the dolls I've seen in the past few days have a certain style to them that seems very different than how it was a few years ago

6. My favorite current company is Miracle Doll! They've really taken a level recently... they were one of my favorites before but they've been even more creative and ambitious lately. They seem pretty devoted to keeping up a sort of creepy and sinister aesthetic, which really appeals to me. Also they have SUPER distinctive and expressive faces. :3nodding:

A runner-up that I have to mention is Dream Valley. They have by far the most competent engineering I've seen in this hobby, bar none. Plus, their male bodies have such a uniquely lanky aesthetic that I totally adore.

7. I really like Iplehouse and SartoriaJ! I just love realistic looking sculpts ~

8. Welcome back! Here are some that I've personally been obsessing over lately, and I'll link their DoA Wikis too:
      • I'm in love with Fairyland Minifee (1/4) and just started to get into their Feeple65 (1/3) line which both have the larger eye style with lovely fantasy vibes.
      • One that I recently became obsessed with is KanaDoll, but she only makes heads.
      • Both Immortality of Soul and Souldoll have some really nice sculpts these days in various sizes.
      • I personally love Soom Idealian - they're all about 70cm+ big buff guys these days.
      I hope you'll share what new stuff you fall in love with on your adventures! :)

9. I absolutely love doll chateau, the bodies pose incredibly well and you can easily hybrid to suit your style if the headsculpt doesn't fit with your current group :)

10. Welcome back! There are way too many companies I love! Is very hard to pick only one/(ㄒoㄒ)/~~

11. Myou and Luts are my favorites! Luts has every size imaginable and great quality, but lately I've been bitten by the tiny bug from Myou and I'm building an army.

12. I have been a big fan of Alice in Labyrinth for the last 12 years or so- they remain my favourite company to this day. I love the style of their dolls which is very inspired by modern Japanese art dolls (Koitsukihime, Hizuki, Ryo Yoshida etc). Alice in Labyrinth also has the best customer service which is another reason I like them so much.
      A newer company that I find interesting is Pygmalion Dolls. I like the realism of their dolls- and they too have absolutely wonderful customer service^^

13. Dollzone is one of my favorites. The faces they sculpt? Lovely. I've had yosd from fairyland and withdoll and they're fine, but their hands are just awful. Dollzones yosd hands are more realistic and beautiful imo

14. It's hard question, I just ordered something from all of my most favourite companies. So if I'll have all my three doll in my hand I can tell whitch is my favourite. They are: Universe Doll, IOS, Doll Chateau, Dream Valley and Ringdoll. I just like to name a number one really. For now I have only my avatar doll, so Universe Doll is my choise, but I bet Dream Valley will win me over.

15. A company I really love, but that I am not getting any of myself due to their sizes, are Little Rebel Dolls and their 1/3 line. They mostly only make heads, though, but those faces are just so damn gorgeous!

For my own size preferences my favourite is Lillycat, Dust of Dolls and Atelier Momoni. Lillycat and Dust of Dolls aesthetics are gorgeous, Atelier Momoni dolls posability is amazing.

16. Overall I would say Luts! They have such a wide range of sizes and sculpts and a nice variety of resin colors. I just love their dolls.

17. My favourite at the moment is Soul Doll, the are actually the only company I have multiple dolls from (well until my Doll Zone order arrives). Their sculpting (both faces and bodies) are gorgeous and they do really beautiful company face-ups as well. They aren't great posers though unfortunately.

18. DOD are still my fave even if they’ve gone, I have the most dolls from them (second hand mostly) and they’ll always have my fave aesthetic! After that I wouldn’t say I have a fave, I usually just gravitate towards whatever dolls speak to me

19. Seconding this! The KDF line and Honey Delfs are perfect for me. I don't really care for very mature or very baby-looking sculpts, and Luts is a great middle ground.

20. My favorite is D-Lace, their Machina dolls are a dream come true! :chocoheart
      I'm always excited to see what amazing concept they come up with next. Their dolls are a mix of graceful beauty and uncanny horror that I find very appealing.