1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringdoll Grown Dolls, thread #9

Jan 29, 2021

1. Hey everyone, I was wondering if there are matching jointed hands for Ringdolls RGM3 and RGM4 bodies?
      I do not want to order the ones from Ringdoll, I mean jointed hands from other companies that may fit?

2. Hi there,

I asked this same question some time back, and received less than lukewarm responses. Since then, I ended up just swapping a pair of Loongsoul 68cm jointed hands onto my RGM-3 boy (note: there is a lot of mobility with this pair, but the wrist ball does stand out.)

I do have a few different pairs of jointed hands in my possession from other companies, so I'll do what I can to give you some options. I have some Doll Legend 70cm jointed hands (male, short nail), which have a smaller wrist joint than the Loongsoul ones I have. They are actually very close in proportion in the wrist ball region (loads better than the Loongsoul pair), and are in general in scale with the rest of the body. I also have some 1/3 DF-H hands which are very close to the same circumference as the Doll Legend pair and would probably work as well (note: they're the SD 1/3 scale and not the 70cm ones. I haven't handled the 70cm pair, so I can't determine whether or not those will work.)

Outside that I have some DH-A 70/75cm hands that would be too big, and Resinsoul 70cm (for their slim 70cm male body (Long body), not their 72cm Yi body) jointed hands which are too small and dainty for anything above a 60cm male.)

I can't give you a very thorough comparison on all the available jointed hands out there, but I hope this proves helpful for you in some way :kitty2

Edit: I took a couple photos of a Doll Legend hand on the RGM-3 wrist to show how it looks:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#2 jade-eyed-cat, Jan 30, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    3. Thank you so so much, this really helps with my decision :)

4. @jade-eyed-cat I'd love to see the look of the LS hands on or next to the RGM body, if you have any :XD:

5. So glad to see Xie Lian is back! :dance 3 days limited period though? Ringdoll, why? It's weird though, why make Hua Cheng's ordering period almost 5 months but both of Xie Lian's ordering periods only a few days? I'm going to have to pass him up, I can't afford it right now and that's such a tiny ordering period :(

------- Added notes -------

Ringdoll

Previous discussion threads:

6. Xie Lian's first order period was a few months too, not quite as long as Hua Cheng's is though. Maybe they learned from that one to have a longer run with Hua Cheng.

7. I feel like a lot of companies do that though- Have a doll released for the first time with a decent order period, and then when they're re-released, especially if it's the last time they'll ever be released, the order period is tiny. Probably to push people to buy it.... And also to try and catch the desperate people who didn't get him the first time. Welp.... ringdoll you have caught me this time LMAO

8. That makes sense if you're trying to reel in desperate collectors with a small ordering period. Unfortunately they didn't grab me, which is a shame because I was really considering it if only the ordering period was longer! Oh well, it happens!

9. Keep an eye out after release! I was able to get my Xie Lian nearly a year after original release for retail price somehow from a Taobao shop. There'll be a lot of scalpers, but as long as not too much time passes, you'll find stores selling stock/people trying to sell their doll who regretted buying him and want to make their money back.

10. That is true! There will be other chances to get him secondhand, I just hope I'll be financially able to get him when the chance arrives! :)

11. Best of luck! And at least you're getting Hua Cheng, who I expect to be the more difficult of the two to obtain (being that he'll probably only ever have one release period, where Xie Lian has had two, no matter how short the second one is).

12. Thank you! Yes true, I will still be getting Hua Cheng and for that I'm still thrilled! I hasn't considered he would be harder to obtain once he's gone, but you're probably right since this likely is his only ordering period.

13. Not only harder, but he's also the most expensive out of the mxtx dolls, so I don't even want to think about how much he'll be on the secondhand market-

14. Right, that too... He will definitely be a pretty penny on the secondhand market when he starts showing up :nowords: I'm even more glad I purchased him now...lol.

15. I haven't paid for my Hua Cheng Layaway in full yet, but I must have Xie Lian now.
      So I just ordered him via Layaway, too. :kitty2

16. Best Birthday present ever! Ordered my Xie Lian and now I have all my grails. ♥️♥️♥️♥️ Thank you Ringdoll!!

17. Congrats to everyone who got him!! I'm currently waiting for him to be up on alices collections to see the price difference, but I'll most likely go through clover singing again!

18. I already let go of Xie Lian last year so I clowned really hard for him yesterday. I'm just glad I managed to clear my Hua Cheng since he ships in August for me --otherwise I'd be crying my wallet right now lol.

Did anyone order fafa HC in white skin?

19. I thought about it, but there weren't any sample images of what the white looks like with a faceup, either specifically for Hua Cheng or any of their other dolls, so i didn't want to chance ordering it and not liking it in person

20. Same thought process here. As much as I like the idea since he's supposed to be pale, I don't want to risk it. I've also never had a white skin doll before, and I'm not sure how I would like it. I'd prefer to see one in person before I actually got one myself, especially for such an expensive doll.