Hello! I own a Lati Yellow Lami, Claire. In addition to improving the Lati pages, I am editing dollmakers pages to be a little more cohesive. It's soothing to fix link, text, and list formatting, so I do that a lot.
Because I am anal, I try to make each company, line, and sculpt page I encounter conform to basic style and formatting standards. ;)
Pages may contain more sections than I reference. In that case, I check over them for spelling and formatting errors, but largely leave them as-is.
- Pages should not have an "about" section - the introduction should be at the top of the page. (ala Wikipedia)
- Doll company name should be bolded and at the beginning of the first sentence (or close to it).
- The introduction should include where the company is based.
- If this first section is long enough, company history should be made into its own subsection.
- Unless the company is very small and does not have lines, link to each line in this format: * [[ Companyabbreviation/name LineName | LineName]]
- Example: * [[Latidoll Yellow Line | Yellow]]
- If the company has a commonly used abbreviation (DoD, AoD, etc.) I use that instead of the full company name.
- It is important to append the company name to lines because more than one company may use that name (same goes for sculpts)!
- Link to the company's website is always first, and is always formatted as: * [http://companyurl.com/ Company Name] Official website
- Other links follow. Many times they show up improperly as , when it should look like Google
- Additional text (like Official Dealer) should come after the link.
- In some cases, there is an additional link section listing dealer websites. I usually leave these alone because I don't want to make someone angry. :x
- If there are dealer links, country abbreviations should go outside the link (example: Junky Spot (U.S.) )
- Line name should be bolded and near the beginning of the first sentence.
- The main company page should be referenced in the first sentence as well.
- This section should also include (at a minimum) the line's height and similarities to any well-known lines like MSD, YoSD, etc.
- Some pages call it molds. I tend to rename it to sculpts since molds/moulds sounds unpleasant. :D
- There should be a list of sculpts listed here, with a link to individual sculpt pages (though they may all be redlinks.)
- Be SURE to append each sculpt name with the company and line. There are a few exceptions, like Iplehouse's EID, YID, etc. I just named them YID ___.
- Should be listed in a list (duh!) and formatted as such: Height: 20 cm (begins with capital letter, space after colon, space between measurement and unit, no period after unit)
- Not sure yet, actually. I haven't really seen any yet so I don't know.
- Ensure each link is formatted properly and is still alive (i.e. the page is still there)
- Main page order:
- order periods
- delay D:
- doll lines (done)
- links to DoA and off-site resources (done)
- Line pages
- basic description with height (done, but should be rewritten)
- basic molds (link to page, though they may not be created. Format: Lati <line name: White, Yellow, etc.> <sculpt name>) (done)
- special release molds (Gabie, Aabie, etc.) (done)
- body measurements in list format
- compatible hybrids
- links to Lati site, DoA database threads, flickr group
How to include special releases???
- On line page? (would need to differentiate between special event sculpts)
- On sculpt page? (list which releases its been a part of?)
- Separate release pages?
Lati To Do List
Move "introduction" section to top of page (not under a heading)
Remove listing of all molds on front page
List lines (White, Yellow, Green, etc.) and link to the line page
Create line pages (White, Yellow, Green, Blue, Red)
- Rewrite or expand sections:
- intro (perhaps include premium makeup service here?)
- order periods/delay
- Add measurements from sandbox when completed (
white, yellow, green, blue, red)
- Get a picture of all Lati lines (including SPs) lined in order for quick reference (Perhaps include in each Lati line page - outline applicable dolls) (are pictures possible?)
Find flickr link and DoA database link if applicable (white, green, blue, red)
- Research hybrids (white, yellow, green, blue, red)