Frequently Asked Questions
Page 3 of 5
You can also use the reply button to quote the entire post.
To quote multiple posts, you can highlight the text of a post and click the + Quote button.
Or you can use the Toggle Multi-Quote button:
Once you've added all the posts you want to quote, click the Add Quotes button under the reply box:
You will have a chance to reorder the quotes if needed before you insert them into your post.
Being Paged is for members who have an unanswered Paging thread in Problem Transactions. This doesn't always indicate a problem, but do check the member's feedback before entering a transaction.
Unresolved Transactions means that someone is in the midst of resolving negative transactions. They cannot use Invisible Mode or edit their personal settings, and they cannot block conversations. They can access the Marketplace but cannot start new threads there.
Marketplace Ban indicates that the member has lost Marketplace privileges and cannot buy, sell, trade or take commissions on DoA. They do have access to the feedback forum.
If you are in a problematic transaction, please start a thread in Feedback – Problem Transactions.
'Subscriptions' are now called 'watched threads' and 'watched forums', and links to these are under the Forums tab in the main navigation bar. There is no longer a page that displays all subscriptions or watched content.
Clicking the Styler button will bring up more options, including more background colours and patterns.
Changing a preference is not retroactive. If you are already watching a thread or doll profile, you may still get alerts for it after you have updated your preference. If this happens, you will need to go back to the item and click 'unwatch' to prevent future alerts.
You can simply link to that image. Right-click the image you want to link to. Select View Image. Copy the URL for that image from your browser’s address field. Don’t use the Insert Image feature (that would be hotlinking). Just paste the URL into your post. Done.
You can save the image to your computer and upload it to your own hosting service, then post it. To do this:
- Right-click the image you want to save.
- Select Save Image.
- Proceed with the steps for posting a picture.
You’ll want to be careful not to violate the owner’s copyright. It is polite to secure permission before using any images that belong to others.
Mods edit hotlinked images so they appear only as links. If you routinely hotlink, you may receive a warning.
If you want your profile to be public, set 'View your details on your profile page:' to All Visitors.
If you want your profile to be private, set it to Members Only or People You Follow Only.
To mark one forum read, visit that forum and go to Forums » Mark Forums Read.
This time, a window will pop up with an option to mark that forum as read:
Make your selection and click the Mark Forums Read button.
Choose any thread, scroll down to the bottom and click the Styler button. There are options for typeface, text size, text background and text colour. Click the green tick symbol to save your choices.
Note these choices will only change the text in posts and conversations, so you need to be on a page that displays them in order to see any difference.
You can invite more people into conversations you have started, or in those where the conversation starter has ticked the box to allow it.
If you are starting a conversation and do not want the recipient(s) to invite others in, do not tick this option.
You can also lock a conversation so that no one else can post in it. You may want to do this if you are sending a message to multiple people, but don't want to start a big group conversation. For example, you might contact members of a group order for their addresses, but you want each person to respond to you privately.
One notable difference is that the conversation search box only allows you to search for usernames, not keywords.
- asking if anyone is selling a specific item.
- mentioning that your item is for sale or trade.
- answering a "Where can I buy...?" question with your own sale.
- asking members to sell items that are not listed for sale.
- asking members to contact you if they decide to sell an item.
- cross-posting images in the gallery and your sales thread at the same time.
- soliciting commissions (even for free) outside of the Commissionable Services marketplace.
- asking members if you may commission them.
- asking members if there would be any interest in: a group order, a split, a custom manufactured head.
- Signature links to marketplace threads or offsite sales.
- Discussion-relevant links to online shops that aren't associated with you.
- Mentioning in a meetup thread that you will bring items for sale; do not list prices or brands.
- Mentioning that you will have a booth at an event; do not list prices or details.
Page 3 of 5