Frequently Asked Questions
Page 4 of 5
- asking if anyone is selling a specific item.
- mentioning that your item is for sale or trade.
- answering a "Where can I buy...?" question with your own sale.
- asking members to sell items that are not listed for sale.
- asking members to contact you if they decide to sell an item.
- cross-posting images in the gallery and your sales thread at the same time.
- soliciting commissions (even for free) outside of the Commissionable Services marketplace.
- asking members if you may commission them.
- asking members if there would be any interest in: a group order, a split, a custom manufactured head.
- Signature links to marketplace threads or offsite sales.
- Discussion-relevant links to online shops that aren't associated with you.
- Mentioning in a meetup thread that you will bring items for sale; do not list prices or brands.
- Mentioning that you will have a booth at an event; do not list prices or details.
This means that no one can respond to your conversation.
A case when you might use this is if you are organizing a group order and want to let everyone know their items have arrived. You will want each person to contact you individually with their address, rather than start a group conversation where everyone can see each other's information.
You cannot lock a conversation after it has been started.
We do have profanity filters in place, but they are fairly limited and mostly limited to racial slurs and the strongest of the 4-letter words. Though we do not block many words, we ask that members use maturity and taste in their use of profanity.
We do not allow highly sexualized images or excessive gore. Certain sensitive topics (i.e. rape, incest, pedophilia, torture) are not allowed in images or textual content, including comments made to the original post. Please keep dark backstories vague.
There is no concrete list of things that are allowed or disallowed; please use your common sense. If you feel that something you're considering posting may be a bit too much, feel free to post in the Ask the Moderators subforum to get approval. Offensive or inappropriate posts/threads that are reported by other members may be removed; any post/thread may be removed by a moderator at any time, for any reason, at their discretion.
However, you can always see the last time a participant has looked at a conversation by looking at the Conversation Participants sidebar block.
Doll profiles are also searchable by company, sculpt, skintone and other specific criteria. If you are looking for images of a specific kind of doll, doll profiles are a good place to start.
Fill out the form, making sure to fill out the fields marked Required.
It's ok to skip non-required fields. Unanswered fields will not appear on the final doll profile.
The Information, Styling and Character sections have specific questions as well as an editor box where you can provide other details. Feel free to be creative!
The Images section is for externally hosted images of your doll. You can add them the same way you add images in posts. These can be more photos of your doll, or group shots, concept art, etc. All images must belong to you.
The final step is to upload one photo of your doll. This must be a photo of your own doll, not a drawing or company photo. You can upload a photo from your computer or phone.
When you're done, click Create Doll Profile.
This will create a private draft that only you can see. To view your drafts, click the sidebar menu link for Your Doll Profiles & Drafts. (On mobile, this link is under Doll Profiles in the site menu.)
When you want to make the doll profile public, untick the Save as Draft box and click the Create Doll Profile button.
When you want to make the doll profile public, edit the profile, then select "Publish" from the Status dropdown at the top of the page.
Page 4 of 5