Frequently Asked Questions
Page 2 of 5
2. Choose a category and click Continue...
3. Fill out the fields for the title and tutorial. Optionally, you can enter a brief summary of your tutorial in the Tutorial Snippet Preview field. Some categories also have optional ticky boxes for information like size or construction.
4. Click the Upload Image button to add a thumbnail for your tutorial. You can upload an image from your computer or mobile device.
5. Choose when to publish your tutorial. You can save your tutorial as a draft to edit later, or you can publish it now, or you can schedule it for a future date.
6. Click Save Changes to finish the tutorial.
Need to add more pages? Learn how!
2. Click Multi Page Tutorial Management from the Tutorial Tools dropdown menu.
3. Click the Create New Tutorial Page button on the top.
4. Fill out the title and content of the page. Optionally, you may give a shorter title that will show up in the navigation.
5. Set the display order to choose the order in which the pages will appear. The depth setting is optional; it adds indentation which can be useful to show hierarchy if you have multiple sections of pages.
6. Choose whether to save the page as a draft or as a visible public page, then save it by clicking the Create Tutorial Page button.
First, there are certain areas of the forum where posts do not count toward your total post count (i.e. Games, Introductions, Newbieland). No matter how much you post there, your post count will not increase.
Next, there are areas that are routinely pruned. For example, the Marketplace is frequently purged of sold items, threads are removed from the galleries occasionally when the image links no longer work, and threads are deleted from Doll Arrivals! after three months of inactivity.
If you already have marketplace access, and are an active member, dipping below the required number of posts will not affect your access level. The only way that you can lose access is if an administrator changes it manually.
As it says:
Two-step verification increases the security of your account by requiring you to provide an additional code to complete the login process. If your password is ever compromised, this verification will help prevent unauthorized access to your account.
Here's some general information about two-factor authentication (2FA).
If you usually access DoA from a private computer or your own mobile device, this is a good way to make your account more secure. Someone who logs in from a different computer/device will be prompted for a code, even if they know your password. You can set it so that a computer/device is trusted for 30 days, at which point you will need to generate a new code.
This is not a good choice if you use a shared or public computer to access DoA.
If you'd like to enable two-step verification, you can have the code sent to your phone if you install an app such as Authy or Google Authenticator. This is the more secure option, but if you prefer, you can have the code sent to your registered email address – check your spam folder if you don't see it. You will have 15 minutes to enter the code on DoA.
What to do if you need to access your account from an untrusted computer/device
When you verify your account you will get a list of backup codes. At some point, you may need to access your DoA account from an untrusted device that you don't want to verify. You can use a backup code to access DoA. You may want to write the codes on paper and put them somewhere safe. Each code can only be used once.
If you cannot access your DoA account for any reason, email us at [email protected].
Some common questions
- Where should I post to ask what sculpt I should choose for my original character?
Threads about choosing a doll go in Visual Concepts.
- Where can I ask for feedback about a particular company?
We have a whole area for company reviews! Please do a quick search to see if the company you're looking for has a feedback thread.
- I want to see pictures of a particular sculpt.
Check out the BJD database to see how other members have customized their dolls. If you'd like to see more, or you'd like to see a particular combination of dolls or accessories, do a search in Photo Reference. If your request isn't there, make a new thread to ask.
- I want to buy or sell a doll.
If you have met the marketplace access requirements, you can buy and sell dolls in our extensive Marketplace. If you have not yet met these requirements, you may not solicit or engage in any transactions anywhere on Den of Angels. Advertising or soliciting sales outside of the Marketplace may lead to disciplinary action.
- I'm sculpting a doll and I want to share my progress.
We do not have a place for original sculpts to be shown. However, we recommend The Joint as a BJD-sculpting resource.
- You posted chat in a non-chat area. The News forum and BJD Databases are information only, rather than chat-based. Discussion of doll events goes in Conventions and Events, and discussion of new releases belongs in the appropriate size-specific discussion area.The BJD Databases are for posting pictures and profiles of your dolls; all profiles must contain pictures.
- Your post was off-topic. Posts that have nothing to do with ball-jointed dolls will be deleted.
- Your post was inappropriate. Flaming and flamebaiting are not tolerated. Additionally, we do not allow posting of adult material.
If your post is deleted, please do not assume that you are "in trouble." If there is a problem, you will be notified by a moderator.
If this does not answer your question, or if you have a specific instance of a post removal that you have questions about, please post in Ask the Moderators.
To find other local doll owners, check Meetups to see if there are any meetups happening in your area. This section is only visible to registered users.
Another great way to meet people is to simply comment on their gallery posts and respond in conversation. Contact someone you'd like to get to know better!
There are a few differences between using the Dolls Marketplace and using other Marketplace areas. If you cannot find an answer to your question below, please post your question in Ask the Moderators.
How many items can I sell in one thread?
You may sell one item in each thread.
How many threads can I make?
There is no limit.
Can I edit the thread by going back to the form?
No, the form can only be used when you create the thread.
I'm not sure which year my doll was made, what should I write?
If you are not sure what year your doll was produced, you may leave this field blank and the form will still work. You can also write "unknown."
I use a different currency than USD. What can I do?
USD is the default currency used because the majority of sellers use this. You may edit the thread to use your country's currency, but you must make it you make it clear that the price is in a currency other than USD.
How do I edit my thread?
To edit the title or prefix of your thread, click Edit Thread in the Thread Tools menu. You can also click the Edit button at the bottom of the post to edit its content.
I don't like the format the form makes. Can I change it?
You can add more information and extra pictures. You cannot remove information.
If you remove information, your thread may be deleted.
If you see a thread that has important information removed, please report it by clicking the "Report" button at the bottom of the post. (This is a triangle with an ! in the middle.)
I don't have pictures of my item. Can I post a sale thread?
No, you must have at least one clear image of your item in its current condition. It must be a current picture of your item, not a company photo. If you are selling a full doll, you must include at least one full body shot of the complete nude doll.
- questions about rules and forum use
- account and registration problems
- forum access issues
- problems with other members (harassment, Marketplace issues)
- moving/merging/deleting threads and posts
- removing polls from threads
Questions posted in Ask the Moderators can only be read by you and Den of Angels staff. A moderator will answer your question as soon as possible.
Moderators can be identified by the banner displayed beneath their names.
Active Moderators (also known as Seraphim and Cherubim) can help in Ask the Moderators.
Inactive Moderators help with daily maintenance, participate in staff discussions, and help implement rule changes and forum design. However, they do not help with member problems or actively moderate discussion threads. Please do not contact inactive moderators about issues that do not relate personally to them.
In general, it is best to post in the Ask the Moderators subforum for quicker assistance.
However, you as a member can take several steps to take the situation into your own hands. The first thing to do is contact the buyer or seller with whom you are having a problem. If you cannot resolve the problem or the other member does not respond to your Conversation within a reasonable amount of time, post a thread in the Problem Transactions subforum. Detail your situation, and invite the other person to dialogue with you publicly.
If it is an especially serious situation, post in Ask the Moderators with a link to your thread so that we can monitor the situation and determine if the other member should have any of their forum or Marketplace privileges removed.
Before you enter into a transaction, it is best to check the Feedback forum to find out the reputation of the person you're dealing with. Some other red flags to mind are if the member has a "Being Paged!" or "Marketplace Banned!" notice under their avatar.
Please keep in mind that once posted, feedback can not be edited. For this reason, it is important to think before posting! Take a deep breath and be as clear as possible, and try to make sure that you're not jumping the gun to call someone a bad buyer or seller. Please read the feedback rules for more information on leaving feedback.
It will bring up a popup to enter your email address. Enter the address you used when you first signed up on Den of Angels.
Instructions for resetting your password will be mailed to you. If this doesn't work, please email us at [email protected].
Untick the box for Show your current activity.
You will still be able to see your activity, but it will be private so that other people can't see it.
Do not edit the title of your thread after it is finished. Please only change the prefix to Finished. Your sales thread will be moved to the Sold Dolls Archive for reference and will still be visible to your buyer and to other members for a minimum of six months. Altering the content of your sales thread after a sale has been made may result in disciplinary action.
This will not affect your current year of upgrades, it just means that your upgrade will not auto-renew after a year.
If you have not yet met these requirements, you may not solicit or engage in any transactions anywhere on the forum.
Advertising or soliciting sales outside of the Marketplace will result in disciplinary action.
Page 2 of 5